I’ve Grinched-Up my Peanutbutter Blossom Recipe. The dough balls are rolled in a mixture of light green, dark green and red sugar and topped with a milk chocolate heart.
My recipe is an adaptation of Hershey’s recipe with 2 changes. I replaced the shortening with butter and omitted the egg. I found that omitting the egg gave the cookie a less cakey texture and made the peanutbutter flavor more pronounced.
Grinch Peanut Butter Blossoms
- 114 Grams Room Temperature Unsalted Butter 8 Tablespoons
- 200 Grams Peanut Butter About ½ Cup
- 66 Grams Brown Sugar ⅓ Cup
- 66 GRams Granulated Sugar ⅓ Cup
- 2 Tablespoons Milk
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 180 Grams All-Purpose Flour 1 ½ Cups
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- Light Green, Dark Green and Red Decorating Sugar mixed together
- Milk Chocolate Hearts or Hershey’s Kisses
- Preheat your oven to 375 F.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, or a large bowl with a hand mixer, cream the butter until smooth.
- Add the peanutbutter and sugars and cream until light and fluffy. 2-3 minutes
- Add the milk and vanilla and beat until combined.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt and add to the bowl. Beat on low speed until just incorporated.
- Roll the dough into balls weighing 15 grams each or 1” in diameter and roll them in the sugar.
- Place them on a parchment lined baking sheet spaced about 2” apart.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and press a chocolate heart into the center of each cookie.