Simple and delicious!
- 228 grams Room Temperature Unsalted Butter 2 Sticks or 16 Tablespoons
- 110 grams Granulated Sugar ½ Cup + 2 Teaspoons
- ½ Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 270 grams All Purpose Flour 2 ¼ Cups
- ¼ cup Sanding Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit or 325 degrees in a convection oven.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer cream together the butter, sugar, salt and vanilla on low speed until combined.
- Add the flour and mix on low until combined.
- Divide the dough in half.
- Roll each piece of dough between 2 pieces of parchment to a thickness of 3/8”.
- Place them in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Cut out cookies using a 1 1/2” diameter round cutter. Dock with the tines of a fork. Sprinkle or dip in sanding sugar.
- Bake for 16 minutes or until light golden brown.