Ricotta Mascarpone Honey Tart
Pasta Frolla Crust:
- 260 Grams of All Purpose Flour
- 60 Grams of Granulated Sugar
- ¼ Teaspoon of Baking Powder
- ¾ Teaspoon of Ground Cinnamon
- ½ Teaspoon of Kosher Salt
- 114 Grams of Cold Unsalted Butter 8 Tablespoons
- 2 Whole Large Eggs
- 1 Egg Yolk beaten with 1 Tablespoon of Water
- 2 cups of Whole Milk Ricotta Cheese, drained for 24 hours
- ½ cup of Mascarpone Cheese
- 5 Tablespoons of Honey
- ¼ Teaspoon of Kosher Salt
- 2 Whole Large Eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt into a food processor and pulse 3-4 times until combined.
- Cut the butter into 6 pieces and add to the flour. Pulse 10 times.
- Add the eggs and pulse until the dough begins to come together.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead 5-6 times to form a smooth dough.
- Divide the dough into 2 pieces, 2/3 and 1/3. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- After chilling, roll the 2/3 piece into a circle 1/8” thick and use it to line the bottom and sides of the tart pan.
- Blind bake the crust for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and place on a rack to cool. Reduce the oven temperature to 325. While the crust is cooling, make the filling.
- Place the ricotta, mascarpone, honey and salt in a food processor and process until smooth, 15-20 seconds.
- Add the eggs and process until combined. You may need to scrape the sides of the bowl once or twice.
- Pour the filling into the cooled crust. Tap on the counter a few times to get rid of any air bubbles and smooth the top with an offset spatula.
- Bake the tart on the bottom rack of your oven for 20-25 minutes or until the filling is just set. Remove from the oven and place on a rack to cool. When completely cool refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Roll the remaining 1/3 of the dough 1/8” thick. Chill for 15 minutes.
- Use cookie cutters to make shapes. Place them on a parchment lined baking sheet and brush with the beaten egg yolk and water.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Just before you are ready to serve place the decorative pieces on top of the filling.