Thin Chocolate Wafer Cookies
So much better than those chocolate cookies you get at the grocery store.
- 114 Grams Unsalted Room Temperature Butter (8 Tablespoons)
- 132 Grams Granulated Sugar (⅔ Cup)
- ½ Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Egg White
- 120 Grams All-Purpose Flour (1 Cup)
- 25 Grams Unsweetened Cocoa Powder (¼ Cup)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer cream together the butter, sugar, salt and baking soda for 2-3 minutes on medium speed.
- Add the egg white and mix until combined.
- Whisk together the flour and cocoa and add to the butter mixture and beat on low until the flour mixture is just combined.
- Divide the dough in half. Roll each half between 2 pieces of parchment paper to a thickness slightly thinner than 1/8”. Place both sheets of dough in the freezer for about 10-15 minutes.
- Remove one sheet of dough from the freezer, peel off the top sheet of parchment paper, turn over and remove the other piece of parchment.
- Cut the dough into 2 1/4” circles. You can gather together and reroll any leftover dough and continue to cut out cookies.
- Place the cookies on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 11-12 minutes. Remove from the oven and let the cookies cool for 10 minutes. Transfer the cookies to a wire rack and allow to cool completely.
- Makes about 25 cookies.