TIPS FOR SUCCESS:
After grating the zucchini, place in a linen dish towel, pull up the sides and twist to ring out the moisture. Gently place into the measuring cups
Zucchini Lemon Walnut Drop Cookies
- 180 Grams All Purpose Flour 1 ½ Cups
- 1 ½ Teaspoons Baking Powder
- ¼ Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 ¼ Cups Zucchini, Finely Grated
- 75 Grams Granulated Sugar 6 Tablespoons
- 38 Grams Light Brown Sugar 3 Tablespoons
- 1 ½ Teaspoons Freshly Grated Lemon Zest
- 114 Grams Room Temperature Unsalted Butter 8 Tablespoons
- 1 Whole Large Egg
- 3/4 Cup Chopped Toasted Walnuts
- 1 Cup of Powdered Sugar
- 2-3 Teaspoons Lemon Juice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Place the sugars and the lemon zest in the bowl of an electric mixer and mix on medium for about 1 minute.
- Add the butter and mix on medium for 2-3 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Scrape down the bowl and add the egg, beating for 1-2 minutes or until the mixture is smooth.
- Add the zucchini and walnuts on low until combined.
- Add the flour mixture, mixing on low until just combined.
- Using a scoop that will hold approximately 2 1/2 tablespoons of batter, which will give you about 12 cookies, portion them onto the prepared pan leaving about 2 inches between each muffin top/cookie.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until they are a light golden brown and the tops spring back when lightly pressed. Remove from the oven a place the pan on a rack to cook for 10 minutes. Place the tops/cookies directly on the rack to cool completely.
- Whisk together the powdered sugar and enough lemon juice to bring the glaze to a constancy that can be drizzled. Drizzle the glaze over the muffin tops.