Pistachio Dried Cherry Cornmeal Biscotti
A delicious crunchy biscotti with th great taste of pistachio and dried cherries.
- 132 Grams Granulated Sugar ⅔ Cup
- 2 Teaspoons Orange Zest
- 2 Large Whole Eggs
- 84 Grams Unsalted Butter, Melted and Cooled 6 Tablespoons
- 90 Grams Yellow Cornmeal ⅔ Cup
- 120 Grams All Purpose Flour 1 Cup
- 1 ¼ Teaspoon Baking Powder
- ¼ Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ½ Cup Roasted Pistachios
- ½ Cup Dried Cherries
- Preheat your oven to 350 F.
- In a bowl of a stand mixer, or in a large bowl using a hand mixer, whisk together the eggs, granulated sugar and orange zest until the mixture is pale in color and doubled in volume. About 3-4 minutes.
- Add the melted butter and mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt. Add the pistachios and dried cherries and toss to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients and beat on low until just incorporated.
ou can bake the biscotti 2 ways:
- On a parchment lined baking sheet form the batter into 2 loaves each 10” x 2”.
- Bake the biscotti for 17-18 minutes or until almost firm and a light golden brown.
- Place the loaves on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Line a biscotti pan (12” x 5 ½”) with parchment paper so it over hangs the long ends.
- Press the dough evenly in the pan and bake for 20-25 minutes
- The loaves should be a light golden brown and almost firm to the touch.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for about 10 minutes.
- Using the over hanging parchment paper, lift up the biscotti and place on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 300°
- Slice the loaf or loaves ½” thick and place cut side down on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes, flip over the cookies and bake an additional 10 minutes.
- Place the cookies directly on a wire rack and allow them to cool completely.