There is something so comforting about chocolate chip cookies. They are the cookie of your childhood. But how about adding peanut butter to them? well, for me, that just takes them over the top.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 114 Grams Room Temperature Unsalted Butter 8 Tablespoons
- 80 Grams Peanut Butter About 5 Tablespoons
- 100 Grams Granulated Sugar ½ Cup
- 100 Grams Light Brown Sugar ½ Cup
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Large Whole Room Temperature Egg
- 150 Grams All Purpose Flour 1 ¼ Cups
- ½ Teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ¾ Cup Callebaut Dark Callets 54.5% or a good quality chocolate coarsely chopped and measured to 3/4 cup
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Cream together the butter, peanut butter and sugars.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add in the flour mixture and mix with a spatula.
- Fold in the chocolate.
- Using a small spring loaded scoop portion out the dough onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Each scoop should be about 30 grams each.
- Cover the dough balls and place in the freezer for at least 30 minutes.
- When ready to bake, place the frozen dough onto a parchment lined sheet pan leaving about 2” of space between each cookie
- Bake for 14-15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and place the pan on a cooling rack. Allow the cookies to cool completely.
- Yields about 24 cookies.