Zucchini Chocolate Chip Walnut Loaf
- 57 Grams Unsalted Butter, Melted and Cooled 4 Tablespoons
- 60 ml Vegetable Oil ¼ Cup
- 100 Grams Granulated Sugar ½ Cup
- 66 Grams Brown Sugar ⅓ Cup
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Whole Large Eggs
- 80 ml Greek Yogurt, Sour Cream or Buttermilk ⅓ Cup
- 125 grams Finely Grated Zucchini Do not peel. If the zucchini are very large, cut in half and scoop out the seeds. After grating, place in a linen dish towel, pull up the sides and twist to ring out the moisture. (about 1 1/4 cups)
- 160 Grams All Purpose Flour 1 ⅓ Cups
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- ¾ Teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Baking Soda
- ¼ Teaspoon Salt
- ⅓ Cup Chopped Toasted Walnuts
- ⅓ Cup Mini Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
Oat Crumb Topping:
- 24 GRams Oats 24 grams ¼ Cup
- 30 Grams All-Purpose Flour ¼ Cup
- ¼ Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 50 Grams Brown Sugar ¼ Cup
- ¼ Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 28 Grams Melted Unsalted Butter 2 Tablespoons
Oat Crumb Topping:
- Combine the oats, flour, cinnamon, brown sugar and salt. Pour in the melted butter and mix until combined and looks crumbly. Set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the melted butter, oil, sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Whisk in the 2 eggs until totally incorporated then whisk in the yogurt, sour cream or buttermilk.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Add the grated zucchini and toss to coat with the flour mixture.
- Fold the flour mixture into the wet ingredients until just combined.
- Gently fold in the walnuts and chocolate chips.
- All the batter can be baked in a 8” x 4” loaf pan that has been buttered and lined with parchment paper so that the paper over hangs the long edges. This will make it easier to remove. Place the batter into the prepared pan and spread evenly with an offset spatula. Cover with the streusel topping.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 45-50 minutes. After 45 minutes start testing to see if the bread is done by inserting a skewer into the center of the cake. If it comes out clean it’s done. If not let the bread cook for another 5 minutes and test again.
- You can also evenly divide the batter between 6 mini loaves in a Trudeau Silicone Mini Loaf Pan that has been lightly coated with butter. Divide the streusel topping evenly over the 6 loaves. Bake in the middle of the oven for 23-25 minutes or until the top of the loaves spring back with lightly pressed.
- The batter can also be divided evenly amongst a 12 count standard muffin pan, lined with cupcake liners. Divide the streusel topping amongst the 12 muffins. Bake at for 18-20 minutes. or until the top of the muffins spring back when lightly pressed.