Vanilla / Strawberry Pizzelle Hearts
A cute Valentine's Day Twist on the classic Pizzelle Cookie!
- 150 grams of Granulated Sugar (3/4 Cup)
- 3 Large Whole Eggs
- 114 grams Unsalted Butter, Melted & Cooled (8 Tablespoons)
- 210 Grams All Purpose Flour ( 1 3/4 Cups)
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tablespoons Freeze Dried Strawberry or Raspberry Powder See Below *
- Small drop of pink food coloring
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar and eggs until smooth.
- Gradually whisk in the melted butter.
- Sift together the flour and baking powder and whisk into the batter.
- Place half of the batter into another bowl.
- Stir the vanilla extract into 1 portion and the strawberry or raspberry powder and food coloring into the other.
- Spread the 2 batters side by side on a piece of plastic wrap.
- Roll the batter up in the plastic wrap.
- Cut one end to expose the batter and place in a large pastry bag. Cut of the tip of the pastry bag to about a 1” diameter opening.
- Pipe about 1 1/2 – 2 tablespoons of batter on each mold. It’s ok if it spreads beyond the design. This will make it easier to use a larger heart shaped cookie cutter and be left with less scraps.
- Let bake for 30-35 seconds. Remove the cookies and immediately place on a flat surface and cut out your shape.
- Place on a metal rack to cool completely.
- Once completely cooled you can dip in chocolate and decorate with festive sprinkles!
- Freeze Dried Fruit Powder *
- Place the 1/2 cup of freeze dried strawberries or raspberries into a Ziploc bag and roll over it with a rolling pin until ground up. Empty the contents of the bag into a metal mesh strainer and strain out the seeds. You will be left with about 2 tablespoons of strawberry or raspberry powder.